The Meaco20LE dehumidifier is designed to prevent condensation build up on walls which can lead to black mould and damp issues, highly portable it can also be used in your laundry room to assist with fast drying of washing. The brilliant Meaco20LE is a Which? Best Buy dehumidifier for 2014, 2015 and 2016.
The Meaco20LE is part of the Meaco Low Energy Platinum range which leads the way in energy efficiency, one of the most common questions we get asked by customers is about the running costs of dehumidifiers, Meaco have always made our dehumidifiers as efficient as possible to keep costs to a minimum and now with the new Platinum Range of dehumidifiers they have taken this to a whole new level.
The Meaco20LE Low Energy Dehumidifier uses just 255 Watts of electricity, if you take a look around at other makes of 20 litre dehumidifiers you will see that they use a lot more electricity, costing over £100 more a year to run.
We have had the Platinum Range tested at a leading international independent laboratory in Hong Kong against the most up to date standard and it passed the highest possible level. To achieve this standard of excellence we had to make sure that each individual component was of the highest quality to maximise efficiency. This means that we can confidently say that the Meaco Platinum Range creates a new benchmark and their proven quality sets them apart from the rest of the market.
There are two models in the range, this 20 litre dehumidifier and a 12 litre model, both offer lower running costs than their peers. The Meaco20LE Low Energy Dehumidifier offers the following benefits;
- Combats mould, condensation and damp in flats through to 5 bedroom houses
- Just 255 watts rated power consumption – 3.88p/hour based on 15.32p/kWh
- Unique Meaco control logic that saves money and improves performance, the unit turns off when the desired humidity is reached and then the fan turns on to sniff the air for a few minutes every half hour to see if it needs to come on again.
- Digital display shows you the current room humidity level
- Variable humidistat to set level from 30 to 80%rh in 5%rh steps
- Automatic louvre to direct the dry air through a wide angle
- 1 – 24 hour off timer
- Auto restart after power cuts means you can leave on its own without worry
- Child lock facility
- Strong carry handle and a set of fitted casters
- Two year warranty as standard
- Optional HEPA filter for cleaner air with 1 filter included free
The HEPA filter has proved to be a very popular extra with most people buying the HEPA filters when they buy the dehumidifier. The filters are what are called True HEPA filters which means that they conform to international standards and capture 99.97% of particles that have a size of 0.3µm or larger. This makes a huge difference to those that suffer from allergies and will also will prolong the life of your dehumidifier.
Water Extraction rate: 20 litres per day at 30°C and 80%rh
Digital Display: Yes
Variable humidistat: Yes, from 30 to 80%rh in 5%rh steps
Air Flow (nominal): 160 cubic metres per hour
Auto restart: Yes
Auto Drain Hose supplied: No
Noise level: Maximum 46dB(A)
Power Supply: 220-240V 50Hz
Power Consumption: 255W
Approximate electricity cost: 3.88p/hour based on 15.32p/kWh
Fan Speeds: Two
Operating Temperatures: 5….35°C
Water Tank Capacity: 6 litres
Dimensions (HWD): 595 x 385 x 290mm