Air Conditioning Terms & Conditions
Please read this document carefully before placing your order. We reserve the right to change these terms from time to time. Any such changes shall not affect any contract subsisting between us at the time of such change. Please check T&C before you make any new purchase. We advise you to print and keep safe a copy of these terms and conditions for your reference.
Sale of Goods
- By placing an order with Air Comfort Centre (referred to as us/we/our) you (the customer) are accepting these terms and conditions, as well as our ‘Terms of Website Use’, to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions. These conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
• We will acknowledge your order by email as soon as possible. Any email or other acknowledgment from us does not constitute our legal acceptance of your order. Your offer is accepted and our contract begins with you when the goods are dispatched.
• You will receive with your goods a printed receipt. Please ensure you keep this in a safe place as this will also be your guarantee if the goods develop a fault, should any of the goods develop a fault please refer to Returns policy for conditions that apply. Remember that you must obtain an RMA number from us before returning any item, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Either of us shall have the right to terminate the contract between us without penalty within 14 days from the date you receive the goods. In the event of termination we will refund to you all sums paid to us for goods within 14 days of goods arriving back, and you shall arrange, be responsible for and pay for return any goods that we have dispatched to you in an as new, unused and resealable condition. Termination of contract shall be without prejudice to the rights and duties of either you or us accrued prior to termination.
Payment and Prices
- We will accept payment of your order by credit/debit cards or Paypal. We can accept cheques (subject to clearance) and cash.
• All orders are positively credit card sanctioned prior to dispatch. We cannot accept responsibility if any details you provide us with are incorrect or if any order is held up as a result of incorrect details.
• The price for the goods will be as stipulated on the website at the time when you place your order and will include delivery charge. We are entitled to make adjustments to the price and give you opportunity to cancel if due to an error or omission on the published price for the goods. We try to ensure that all prices displayed on our website are accurate, but the price of the goods on your order will need to be validated by us prior to processing your order. If there is a problem, we will inform you of the correct price and will give you the opportunity to cancel you order should you wish.
• All prices on our website are in pounds sterling and are inclusive of VAT.
- Your order for goods is subject to availability. If we do not supply goods to you for any reason we will inform you of the situation and will not charge you for those goods, we will refund any money already paid by you for the goods. However, we will not be responsible for compensating you for any other losses, which you may suffer if we do not supply the goods.
We will endeavour to dispatch the goods immediately but time shall not be of the essence. Delivery shall be within a reasonable time. We shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages, charges or expenses caused by any delay for delivery of the goods.
- We reserve the right to charge for re-delivery if you are not available to take delivery after attempts are made and the delivery is returned to us.
• Title of the goods will pass on delivery. Should you return the goods with our agreement pursuant to conditions set out under these terms and conditions, then title in the goods shall revert to us when you return the goods to us and we have received them in condition to be able to resell as new.
- For individual customers who have placed orders online, goods, (other than faulty goods) may be returned during the cooling off period within 14 days of the date of receipt. The cost of the return delivery charge under these circumstances is to be paid directly by the customer, the price for such depends on the product but would be in the region of £10-£20 for smaller items and £50 – £100 for bulky items or returns from abroad. All such goods must be returned in an ‘as new’ condition, complete with packaging and all accessories and original packaging unopened. Goods which do not comply with this condition may not be returned. Where goods are returned in accordance with this provision, we will reimburse after inspection and as soon as possible we will credit back and confirm within 14 days of receipt of goods.
• When we receive the returned goods, we will inspect them to ensure all manuals, accessories and other components are within the returned package and that you have taken reasonable care of the goods. If we receive an item that you have not taken reasonable care of, we will charge you a fee equivalent to the reduction in the item’s value. If the item has missing components, we shall charge you a fee to cover the cost of replacing these items. These costs will be deducted from any refund that is due to you.
Air treatment products such as air purifiers, ozone generators, humidifiers, dehumidifiers, evaporative coolers and air conditioners cannot be returned if they have been used for hygiene reasons, Hunter fans which have been installed may not be returned as cannot be resold. (See ‘Returns’ policy for more details)
Time limit for notification of claims:
If goods arrive to you in a damaged or defective condition you should refuse the delivery or inform us within 5 days of the delivery, we cannot accept claims for missing or damaged items after this time. We will replace damaged goods at no charge.
If we are required to send an engineer to your home to inspect and repair a product, and that product is subsequently found to be in good working order, we will charge you for the costs we incur for the call-out. At the time of booking the call, we will ask you to guarantee the cost of the call-out before instructing the engineer by securing a credit or debit card deposit. We will only charge the abortive call-out fee to your debit or credit card if no fault is found.
In the unlikely event of any damage to property caused by malfunction or design fault (e.g. water or fire damage) responsibility to resolve will rest solely with the distributor or manufacturer of the item and any such claims will be passed directly to them.
Remember, if any installation is required it must be carried out by qualified tradesmen.
- Many of the goods we sell are of a technical nature and unfortunately it is not practical to publish detailed specifications of all the goods and keep specifications 100% up to date. All drawings, descriptive matter, specifications and advertising on our website are for the sole purpose of giving approximate descriptions of the goods. However, if your goods do not conform to the specification displayed on the website relating to such goods at the date of purchase, we will firstly claim the right to be able to modify the goods to make good, if this is not possible then we will arrange for collection of the goods from you and you will be entitled to receive a refund on production of the proof of purchase (sale receipt).
• We shall not be liable to you, for any failure or delay in performance of our contract, if it is due to an event beyond our reasonable control. Including, without limitation, acts of God, war, industrial dispute, fire, flood, tempest and national emergencies and if so delayed we shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of time for performing such obligations.
• The cooling calculator for air conditioners on the website should be taken as a rough guide only and is not intended for professional design work, we will not be held liable for any claims resulting from use of this free tool. We will also not be liable if cooling advised is found to be inadequate as cooling load calculations are complex and we would need to visit in order to accurately size them up. Sizing of air conditioners should always be double checked by a visiting air conditioning engineer and due to the strong heating power of the sun, blinds should always be in place to cover windows facing the sun.
The contract between us shall be deemed, to have been made in England and shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales.
- We operate a complaints handling procedure which we will use to try to resolve disputes when they first arise. We will however endeavour to acknowledge all complaints within 7 working days. If you have a complaint please contact us at:
Air Comfort Centre Ltd, 16 Balcombe Avenue, Worthing, West Sussex, BN14 7RN UK
- If you are not satisfied with the manner in which your complaint has been handled and/or the complaint remains unresolved, before applying to the OFT please write to our mediator:- Safebuy
Website terms and conditions
- This website is operated by Air Comfort Centre Ltd (registered number 6776665) whose registered office is at Amelia House, Crescent Road, Worthing, West Sussex BN11 1QR
- We grant you (the user) a non-exclusive licence to use this website upon the following terms and conditions.
• We reserve the right to terminate this licence at any time without notice.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed by us. This material includes but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. It is protected by intellectual property laws, including but not limited to copyright.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to us, are acknowledged on the website.
- You may view, use, download and store the material on this website for personal and research only. Commercial use of the material on this website is not permitted. The redistribution, republication, or otherwise making available of the material on this website to third parties without our prior written consent is prohibited.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- The information in this website is given in good faith. It is subject to change without notice. We are not responsible for any inaccuracies and (except as set out under the heading “Liability”) make no representation and give no warranty as to its accuracy. Please see our Terms and Conditions of Sale regarding the basis on which we will provide goods and services to you. In particular please also see section “Payment and Prices” of the Terms and Conditions of Sale regarding changes to the price of products.
- Nothing on this website is intended to be nor should be construed as an offer to enter into a contractual relationship.
- This website contains links to other websites. We accept no responsibility or liability for the content of other websites which are not under our control. Any link is not intended to be, nor should be construed as, an endorsement of any kind by us of that other website. Any arrangements made between you and any third party named or referred to on this website are entirely at your sole risk and responsibility.
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without our prior written consent.
- Except as set out in the clause below, we will be under no liability to you whatsoever whether in contract, tort (including negligence) breach of statutory duty, restitution or otherwise for any injury, death, damage or direct, indirect or consequential loss (all three of which terms include without limitation, pure economic loss, loss of profits, loss of business, depletion of goodwill and like loss) howsoever caused arising out of any information or other materials contained in this website, including, without limitation, as a result of any computer virus or any errors in the content of this website or any communication from us regarding the same.
- These terms and conditions do not exclude our liability (if any) to you for personal injury or death resulting from our negligence, for fraud or for any matter which it would be illegal for us to exclude or to attempt to exclude our liability.
- This website is controlled and operated by us from our offices in England. The information, existence, construction, performance, validity in all aspects whatsoever of these terms and conditions or of any terms of these terms and conditions or any dispute in relation to the material contained in this website shall be governed by English Law and where a dispute arises in Wales, the applicable law will be English law as applied in Wales. The English and Welsh courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions of use of the website. If necessary Websafe will act as mediators to settle any disputes and this should be the first action prior to any possible litigation.
- Your continued use of this website indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions.